Monday, October 25, 2004

Choosuck: An Island Adventure 9/24-28


Oh sun, don't hide


Juk-bu, Ulleung Island

Pictures from Choosuck holiday trip to Ulleungdo. More available by request or I'll put them on ofoto.com if I get to it. Had a great time. The weather was fabulous and the squid were abuntant. It was great to meet up with The Georges whom I hadn't seen in over a year. Met Friday night in Pohang and took a three hour ferry out to the island. The ferry was fast, a catamaran style boat designed to carry cars as well, but the ride was discusting. The East sea is not a protected passage way and has the same characteristics as the ocean. I felt like I was trapped in a floating vomit box. The carpet was stained with the vomit of hundreds of sea-unworthy Koreans. I had my moments of queezyness, but I sucked it up and took a nap.
Had a great time with Kevin and Heather. Managed to get excessively drunk, not ones, but twice. Spent one night from about 3am till close to 9 just riding around on my bike. Watched the most amazing sunrise of my young life. Of course I forgot to bring my spare battery for my digi cam so none of you will get to see. Met some friendly faces and came back a day early to rest up for work.



No comments: