Friday, October 07, 2005

Time

A good friend of mine was recently commenting on how little time he has to nurture his creative side. Concisely listing all the required resposibilities of his daily life while wistfully alluding to the plethora of unexplored interests just out of realization. To him I say, get off the internet you gomer. And burn your TV while your at it.

Finally heading back to Seoul this weekend. Haven't been in almost 6 months. Went up once since I broke my foot in April but wasn't in good enough shape to put in much of a showing on the mountain. This time should be different however. My bike is dialed. My foot hurts not. And with the last few days on the mountain that I've had, I'm sweating confidence. (A fantastic pheromone for the dance floor by the way.) My buddy Andy and I'll be taking the 1:30 express bus from Daegu tonight and getting in around 4:30. Then it's a light pedal across a couple bridges swamped in the morning light of commuting Seoulite headlights. (Koreans work 6 day weeks, 12 hours a day. There kids go to school no less than 12 hours a day except Saturday which they attend for four hours. And they pay almost 6 dollars a gallon for gas. And for reasons I have yet to find, they're nearly always smiling.)

When we arrive at Stu's, it'll be coffee and bike maintenance, load and hit the road with six or seven riders, all with monster bikes, destination: The Nam. Nam han san seong, home to an endless system of top shelf trails laden with slimy roots, bush hiding boulders, sickeningly steep shoots, an occasional drop for good measure and the always elusive hikers. Add beer, lack of shut eye and pride and you have one fast train of sexy Filthies. (For anyone who cares, mtbk-adventure.com is the group sight for my fellow riders. If you dig deep enough, you'll even find a picture of my sorry ass.)

After the day's riding has concluded, the plan as of now will be to meet some friends from the Bellingham area, eat some international food (burger at The Hard Rock) and try to find some company on the dance floor. I just want to hold a hand. I'll let you all know how that goes on Monday.

that's it for now, I'll add a couple pictures sometime soon if I can remember how.

3 comments:

B-Wizz said...

Bah. If it wasn't for the internets, how would I waste time at work? And TV...okay. It's about the only thing one can do while herding children at the same time. We're also the only people I know who only have the basic, local, $6 a month cable - there's no all night cable watching binges in my life. Just Lost, Fox Sunday night cartoons, and a little show called...

Nice to see an update. Sorry to see all the blog-o spammo. I'll try to talk my bosses into letting me bring my guitar into the lab...

Will said...

Good idea. Maybe your lumpy lab work could be smoothed out by a diddy or two.

More updates to come as I'm moving home and should have ample happenings to share. Think I'll do one today. It's back to Seoul this weekend for another onslaught of the loamy trails near the DMZ.

By the way, no need to justify your lifestyle. I just enjoy a- bit-o tounge and cheek from time to time.

B-Wizz said...

I know Will. Don't think that you've made me reevaluate my life. I do feel like a lump right now - it's been raining all week, so neither I or the dog, or the kids have been out much. At least we don't have flooding like some other nearby states.