Friday, October 14, 2005

Close your mouth

So I know some of you must me sitting there speechless seeing another entry coming so close on the heals of the last. I've made a promise to myself that I will more regularly indulge my vanity by talking about myself. So here goes:

We're heading back to Seoul this weekend. Loamy, moist soil draws me north. Last weekend, The Nam held much similarity with the black soils of Galbraith. Wet my mouth just thinking about being home in six weeks. The trails were so sweet, partly to do with recent rains but more eloquently with the smoky morning mist that just seemed to linger. With nine sound riders, and one guy nice enough to drive us to the top all day, The endorphins came easily. It felt like some sections of these trails would breath for you. The bike rolls, accepting at times the smallest rein of control, at times violent yanks and jerkings, and never complaining when bounced off obstacles. It's quite ridiculous really. And it only seems to be getting faster and more fun.

So again we (Andy and I) take the midnight express from Daegu north to Seoul, arriving at 4:30am. This time I'll have two bikes under my ass. Not sure how that's going to work yet... Spend the day on the mountain, fueled by adrenaline and beer, then off to a club I can't remember the name of to see a DJ I can't remember the name of. But hey, it's breaks and in a land ruled by the unimaginative beats of Hip Hop, any name will do.

This time I'll try not to be shy with the camera. It'll be out and often. I took some video last time, but nothing I was impressed with. Getting out the camera just never seems an option. We never want to stop. At 20 mph, two inches from trees, Launching and landing, driving a tire hard through a corner, Ah, How could you stop. Its top to bottom. The lead changes from time to time when someone misses a turn or slides out, hits a tree, tumbles into the bushes or just can't go fast enough. And then it's up and the race continues. But about cameras; there are a couple of drops I've eyed in the past but either didn't have the courage, confidence or enough beer in me to try, or I've been on the wrong bike. This time should be different. Drops always get cameras out.

As I mentioned, I'll be home in six weeks. Turkey sandwiches, cranberries, salt and pepper, and some of that TG stuffing. On a roll. Diana's rolls.

See you all soon.

No comments: