Wednesday, November 04, 2009

To all,

Hello one and well, most likely one. Today marks no special day; nothing significant has occurred to inspire me. I just felt it was time (actually, I feel this often) to write something, post a pic or two and include a couple vids. Maybe it's that I have the time to do so as I'm out of bed early. Maybe it's the ever approaching due date of baby #2 (no name as yet). Maybe it's just maybe. Whatever.

A quick update:

let's see... since my last quick update half a year ago (just photos) Bek has grow quite round. As a matter of fact, at that time we were still mostly unaware of Bek's pregnancy, Autumn was a few months into a teeterish walking existence and I was starting to sweat more during rides (no longer winter). I was also enjoying my first semester teaching university students to write and speak more fluently, a position I continue to enjoy part time out in the county. Here's a pic of the two building university, Daegu University of Foreign Studies, DUFS for short:

These were taken about the same time and I think capture the essence of this exceptional yet small higher learning facility. I say exceptional due only to the quality of student for whom I teach. Luckily for me, I was asked to instruct an advanced speaking and an academic writing course. Also fortunate is that for the three years prior to teaching at DUFS, Ive been able to work with a similarly high caliber group of students, though of a much younger age.

Now almost completing a year at DUFS, Im wishing I had a masters as theyve offered me a full time spot had I the credentials. Im looking to move on my from my post at Equip, the language academy mentioned above. I love the students and the almost unheard of opportunity to teach literature. But the hours and lack of vacation are beginning to ware hard upon family time. If I were to make the jump to a full time position at any of the numerous universities in Daegu, or Korea for that matter, between two and four months would be on offer for vacation, as well as a 16-18 hour teaching week.

Anyway, enough of teaching. Heres a couple videos of Autumn. She is growing far too fast. How fortunate we are to live in an age of countless tools to help capture time. Enjoy.


Thought Id also include a pic or two, plus a couple of vids of bike related stuff.

1 comment:

B-Wizz said...

Sounds like everything's going really well for you, Will. I'm happy for you!